BASIX ASSESSMENTS AND ENERGY RATINGS
BASIX certification is mandatory for all residential development in NSW. Applications cannot be lodged with Council without a BASIX Certificate.
Benchmark Building Certifiers assist both developers and designers in determining the most cost effective measures for a BASIX Assessment. This includes direct liaison with owners and designers and discussing choices for your BASIX Certificate.
Our BASIX Assessment service includes some of the following features:
- Providing a fast service for all assessments, including initial assessment of concept plans.
- Use of the “Simulation Method” (NatHERS) for input into BASIX.
- Preparing BASIX commitment schedules for inclusion on architectural plans.
- Discussing BASIX choices directly with owners and developers.
- Providing direct design advice for BASIX compliance.
- Limiting commitments and making your BASIX Certificate as simple as possible.
- Liaison with service providers, such as AGL, to determine service availability to sites.
- Amending certificates if required during construction.
- Understanding the costs of certain commitments and relaying these to clients.
Benchmark Building Certifiers are experts in BASIX. Some of the services our BASIX Assessors provide are:
- Multi-dwelling/apartment BASIX Certification.
- Single dwelling BASIX Certification.
- Additions and alterations/Swimming pool BASIX Certification.
- ABSA Energy Rating Certificates.
Recent amendments to the Building Code of Australia (BCA) require energy efficiency assessments for certain commercial and industrial developments. Benchmark Building Certifiers can undertake energy efficiency assessments as required under Section J of the BCA for most types of developments.
For a quote on your project CONTACT Benchmark Building Certifiers.